Verbal Diarrhea Diaries: Why I try to keep my earbuds in as long as possible while riding mass transit so exchanges like this are less likely to happen when I forget I’m not wearing shades to hide my eyes:
1. Every fat, black woman whose name you don’t know or can’t remember is *not* “Precious”.
2. The actress’ name who portrayed Precious is Gabourey Sidibe.
3. The name of the character Ms. Sidibe portrays on “Empire” is Becky.
4. Clearly you’ve forgotten that “Precious” was raped by own her father.
5. Therefore it was “Becky” having consensual sex on the show. Not Precious and not Gabourey.
Thus your exclamation of “Oh gurl, you shoulda seen Precious gettin’ it on like she think she be the real Precious like you know” displays ignorance on multiple levels and why I’m “lookin’ at choo like youse stupid.”
Yes, the entire mini-tirade above was my response to being asked “Why you lookin’ at me like I’s stupid?” by the young lady who made the statement. I don’t think she actually expected me to answer her when I caught her off guard and responded with “Do you really want me to answer that?” and then took her to school Julia Sugarbaker style.
Let’s see how others are slicing it this week.
Slice of Life writing Challenge: Two Writing Teachers
It is amazing how many people do speak and prove their IQ. Love your reference to Julia Sugarbaker. I wonder how many people know who this character is.
I remember and you did not want to be on her bad side.
Thanks for the giggle 🙂