It’s a Monday and it feels as though my energy reserves are all over the place today.
WHAT FUELED ME:
- COFFEE and drinking it out an oversized mug shaped like a skull
- Silliness with my best friend this morning
- Able to get a series of work related items that were on the back burner, completed by noon
- Muse giving me inspiration for a story
- Knowing the official start of spring is just mere days away
WHAT DRAINED ME:
- Realizing the day was passing quickly and I had yet to post
- A couple of work related calls that were just *aarrghh-ravating*
- Received incorrect package that took over an hour with customer service to resolve
- Ol’ Man Winter reminding who’s still in charge with another massive drop in temps today
- Knowing the feel of spring itself is still a couple of weeks away
WHAT I LEARNED:
I need to slow down take a moment and at least stand at the window to notice the day, I’m clearly down with winter’s chill and I am looking very forward to spring.
I really enjoyed this slice. I’m also in a place where winter is letting us know it’s not. Quite. Done with us yet. But a few things you wrote brought me some smiles: the silliness with a coworker, the story muse (hope we’ll be able to take a peek soon!), the skull-shaped mug. Despite the arrgggh moments, you’ve managed to give us a pick-me-up. Thank you!
Thank you, Lanie. I’m happy to say I did get to enjoy some sun on my face today. Granted it was via my window as I watched the construct of a new building down the block, but the sun felt good. As for the sorry we’ll see… 😀
I love this list. I was confused at first thinking that I wasn’t on the right page. So unique.
Hey there fellow NYCer! Thanks!
Silliness with friends and no apologies needed. Knowing Spring is a bit away is draining, but knowing it’s coming is fueling
I can so much relate to your lists! I like the styling and words, especially the “Muse giving me inspiraion for a story” line. And oh yes the cold, the chill has earned another fire in our fireplace tonight! Would love to see a picture of the skull shaped mug! Thank you!
Thank you! Because I was not leaving the house I had not checked the weather. When I opened my door to accept a package from UPS that cold blast of air was a shock. Here’s Mugsy: