Question asked on Facebook:
Which do you like most Rain or Snow? And why?
As beautiful as fresh fallen snow is to look at, play in, ski-sled-snowboard through (and it really is beautiful) — shoveling that stuff later is a bitch, even with a snow blower. Depending upon location, enough snow can bring some cities/town to a grinding halt for days-weeks-months. If you are a city dweller, it all turns into slush; which is just nasty (especially when it is yellow). Then, there is the wait while it melts and refreezes over night (and depending on the amount –repeats the process), causing dangerous driving and walking conditions. As it melts, it may cause floods, even days later. Not to mention, since it’s usually winter when it snows, it tends to be – you know, c-c-c-cold.
Therefore, I say give me rain.
- A slow walk in warm spring rain.
- The delight of a sudden sun-shower.
- Forgetting you are an adult for a moment and jumping in a puddle.
- Cuddling while watching a thunderstorm from the window (or the bed).
- The sound of rain falling on a tin roof.
Even at its worst, even with flooding that may take days/weeks to clean, once it finally stops raining, it’s over.
So, what say you?