From my Formspring account. I loved this question as it incorporated all of my “Bucket Travel List” (a smattering places I want to visit before I die).
If you had unlimited funds, and instant travelling with you and anyone you want to bring along at your disposal, what would your perfect day (24 hours, live it up) look like?
Teleportation and some serious Red Bull/5 Hour Power would be needed. This is a rough estimate time line as I have no idea of sunrise/sunset times are for some of the places listed and would have to adjust my schedule accordingly.
* 9am – Breakfast on the Nile, with a tour of Pyramids with camel riding included.
* Noon – Zip over to Antarctica for an hour of wildlife watching because I just have to step foot on that continent.
* 1pm – Warm up on Ireland and Scotland coasts mid-afternoon; I want to personally view the amazing vistas and ancient castles I’ve only seen in movies.
* 3pm – A quickie bite at the Eiffel Tower (and perhaps a quickie afterward if I have a S/O by then) since we’re so close.
* 5pm – New Zealand, The amazing forest shown in Lord of the Rings I believe was shot there.
* 6pm – Rio, Brazil, Statue of Jesus.
* 7pm – Machu Picchu – more amazing history.
* 8pm – Sunset dinner in the Potala Palace is in Lhasa, Tibet. Can you imagine how glorious a sunset that must be at one of the most amazing architecturally impressive structures and at the
highest points in the world!
* 10pm – Aurora Borealis – self-explanatory.
* Midnight – Tokyo, Japan – Just to see the only place brighter than Vegas at night – lol.
* 2am – Dubai (UAE) – for some serious late-night night life, Gotta get my partay on!
* Twilight/Dawn – Tonga Island – one of the closest places to the International Date Line – to be on the cusp of yesterday and tomorrow simultaneously.
*6am – Sunrise on Uluru (Ayers Rock) Australia. For the sheer beauty and reverence of the place.
* 8am – New York, New York – because There’s No Place Like Home.